Markets in Pretoria
Explore the very best Pretoria has to offer in terms of local produce and craftsmanship. Discover a nearby farmer’s markets selling fresh produce, open-air food markets and monthly night markets you never knew existed.
Article from vibescout.com
Market lovers, exercise junkies and foodies this is the market for you! This outdoor market offers a range of fun activities which appeal to the whole family.
If you are feeling energetic there are running and MTB trails, otherwise just grab a drink and relax whilst listening to some live music.
There is a large play area and enough space for the kids to run around as well as pony rides on offer. This market is pet-friendly so bring along your canine and enjoy a fun day out together.
- When: Saturdays & Sundays, 10am - 4pm
- Where: C/o Ridge Rd & Oukraal Blvd, Hazeldean, Pretoria East
- Full Event Info: Cowhouse Market
- Contact: 072 399 0154 / 082 550 9865
Deep Roots Night Market
Deep Roots Night Market is a greatly anticipated monthly event at the CBC Old Boy’s Club.
When visiting this night market for the first time expect gourmet street food, drink and craft beer specials and live music.
There are clusters of wooden pallets with cushions laid out on the grass for you to sit around whilst you savour your food, have a drink with friends and enjoy the live entertainment. You’ll soon be looking forward to the next one.
- When: First Friday of the month
- From: 3:30pm - Late
- Where: CBC Old Boy’s Club, 78 George Storrar Dr, Brooklyn
- Full Event Info: DeepRoots Night Market
- Contact: 084 574 5757
Evergreens - The Fresh Market
Evergreens, located on the Tshwane Fresh Produce Market, is the perfect place to fulfil your fresh produce dreams.
This large-scale greengrocers is located in a large warehouse, with the stalls spaced throughout for your browsing pleasure. You can choose from a large selection of fresh fruits and vegetables, eggs, breads and deli items.
Cut out the middle-man by coming here to stock up your pantry. We suggest you arrive early and beat the crowds as the market gets quite busy especially on Fridays and Saturdays.
- When: Weekdays, 7am - 5pm | Saturdays, 7am - 3pm
- Where: Evergreens, C/o of Vom Hagen & President Burger
- More Info: Evergreens
- Contact: 012 326 3097
Hazel Food Market
The Hazel Food Market is a relaxed outdoor food market that hosts a large range of stalls offering everything from curry, samoosas, paella, smoothies and freshly squeezed juice to cured meats, cheese and fresh bread.
The stalls are arranged under the trees which offer the perfect place to sit while you tuck into your mouth-watering purchases. We advise you get there early as popular stalls sell out quickly.
- When: Saturdays, 8am - 2pm
- Where: Greenlyn Village Centre, C/o Thomas Edison & MacKenzie Str, Menlo Park
- Full event info: Hazelwood Food Market
- Contact: 078 593 7716
Irene at Smuts Market
The Irene at Smuts Market takes place under the canopy of the surrounding trees on the grounds of the Smuts Museum.
Walk amongst the stalls and choose from the hand-crafted art and jewellery, locally grown food, deli items and antiques. There is also a fully-licensed tea garden to visit.
Occasionally there are live music performances. Bring your family and the family pet for a morning out and enjoy a breakfast under the ample shade of the trees.
- When: 2nd & Last Saturday of the Month, 8.30am - 2pm
- Where: 62 Jan Smuts Ave, Smuts House, Irene, Centurion
- Full Event Info: Irene at Smuts Market
- Contact: 083 234 7541
Irene Village Market @The Big Red Barn
The Irene Village Market takes place on a local farm close to Irene Village. The market is host to more than 160 stalls.
Guests can choose from a selection of gourmet food stalls, craft beers, as well as a beautiful selection of handmade items from the arts and craft traders. Dogs are welcome.
- When:Saturdays, 9am - 2pm
- Where: 7 Nelson Rd, The Big Red Barn, Olifantsfontein
- Full Event Info: Irene Village Market
- Contact: 060 965 4894
If you’ve been left feeling stressed why not come down to the monthly [email protected] for a relaxing day in the CBD.
The live local bands throughout the day will provide you with entertainment while you choose from a wide variety of gourmet food stalls, craft beer, wine and cocktails.
Tip: Free admission for kids, cyclists and Vespa riders.
Entrance is R30 before 1pm and R50 thereafter. Stalls also offer a selection of crafted goods and local art.
- Entrance Fee:R30 - Before 1pm | R50 - Thereafter
- When: Last Saturday of the month, 11am - 6pm
- Where: 381 Helen Joseph St, Pretoria
- Full Event Info: [email protected]
- Contact: 082 854 6854
Montana Family Market
This flea market has a wide variety of shops and is a great place to go bargain shopping.
There is a small entrance fee of R2. Stalls include a selection of home decor, clothing, arts and crafts, electronics, cellphone and car accessories.
Stallholders are often up to negotiating a good price if you want to try your luck. The large food court offers some choice for when you want a bite. Live music is sometimes played on the weekends and holidays. If you’re visiting with kids, visit the children’s play area.
- When:Tuesdays - Sundays & Public Holidays, 9am - 5pm
- Where: C/o Zambesi (Sefako Makgatho) & Enkeldoorn, Pretoria
- Full Event Info: Montana Family Market
- Contact: 012 548 6619
Real Food Lifestyle Market
The Pretoria Banting Market is a monthly market situated in the Pretoria Botanical Gardens.
It offers a great selection of high quality low carb, healthy fat foods. Enjoy the live entertainment on offer while you sip your bulletproof coffee and enjoy a hot breakfast or munch a sugar-free waffle and ice cream.
Be sure to pack a picnic blanket so you can sit back and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere. A Real Meal Revolution coach is available to answer any banting-related questions. If you visit with kids, look out for the children’s entertainment table.
- When: First Saturday of the month, 9am - 1pm
- Where: Pretoria National Botanical Garden, Cussonia Rd, Silverton
- More Info: Real Food Lifestyle Market
- Contact number: 079 527 4902
Also known as the Pretoria Farmers Market this market is 25 years old and is located at the historic Pioneer Museum. You can choose from a selection of homemade vetkoeks, Dutch cheese, meat, fresh eggs as well as some vintage items.
Tip: To fully appreciate this market we suggest you arrive early as the produce sells out quickly.
- When: Saturdays, 5.30am - 9.30am
- Where: 670 Krige St, Silverton, Pretoria
- More Info: Pretoria Boeremark
- Contact: 079 987 1025